Monday, June 11, 2012

SAXON WARLORDS


As promised, this post I am delivering a couple of Saxon warlords, a pagan battle standard and a horn blower, as with the rest of the Saxons, these minis are from SLM  and are 15/18mm, SLM sculpt some very good poses on their minis, very natural looking poses, which is a welcomed sight, these days there are way to many 'awkard' looking poses out there in miniatures land, there casting process must also be good as there is very little prep work needed to get their minis ready for painting, this is a big bonus for me, I think there is nothing worse than having to repair or adjust newly bought minis.

Only one way to settle a land dispute...


With my Dark age project, most of my skirmishers will probably take place in the earlier part of the Dark ages, so they will most likely be small affairs, One Saxon Lord disputing with another, or a Saxon Lord fighting off a cross border raid curtersy of the dreaded Picts or something like that, so I painted up two Saxon Lords that can be used together as part of a bigger warband or separately as two smaller bands, theres not many more Saxons left to paint, actually 6 to be exact, but, I recently ordered even more Saxons, a small cavalry group and more lads with spears, so I will keep plugging away for now, but we are not far from finishing the Saxons.





The last couple of weeks I've been a little side tracked, I started going to a new gaming group whom I believe are called 'Peninsula Praetorians' we meet up every Friday night at one of the guy's house and so far its been a real blast, with this new group I have played Ambush Alley's Enduring Freedom (played at the show), FOGN Field of Glory Napoleonic and for the next few weeks we are doing it Old school, we are play testing the new DnD rules called simply 'DnD Next', which feel very much like the Basic version of DnD (think Red box set) published by TSR but revised/ simplified by Frank Mentzer, which happens to be the set I played with when I was in School, all this dungeon dwelling could see my DnD Fantasy project revived, stay tuned for more.

11 comments:

The Angry Lurker said...

Good to hear about the club, we need others sometimes just for the creative juices and discussions with like minded lunatics!

Paul O'G said...

On the Mornington Peninsula by any chance? Bugger, I just moved from there to Canberra!

Simon Quinton said...

Discussions with lunatics is the best. Glad to see your getting some games in. I like how you've painted these figs very nice sir!

Luckyjoe said...

Nice job on those minis. They look especially nice for 15mm. I agree about the quality of the Splintered Light minis, they're just excellent sculpts.

Adam said...

Nice looking Warlords, you've done a good job with them.
Great to hear how much gaming you are getting in, I know a lot of us are jealous.

Zabadak said...

It's always good to find new mates; sounds like you're having a blast with them - enjoy the ride.

Lead Legion said...

Glad to hear you've found a good club. Makes all the difference really.

The Extraordinarii said...

@Angry - hahah your so right.

@Paul - Yes! Mt Martha...move back?

@Brummie - Thanks mate.

@LuckyJoe - Yes agreed, and thanks.

@Adam - Thanks Adam, its been fun.

@Zabadak - Cheers.

@Legion - Begining to agree with you.

Phil said...

Good club, and good post! Nice blog too!

The Extraordinarii said...

Thanks Phil, I quickly looked over your blog and have joined it, will look at it in more detail tonight.

Phil said...

I've done the same thing! I'll follow your blog, and hope you enjoy mine!
Best,
Phil.