Thursday, March 21, 2013

CAR WARS COUNTERS

 
 
I have been dual posting about my Mad Max Car Wars project on this blog and also on the Steve Jackson Car Wars forum and have had a few requests to post some of my other car counters that I have squeezed out of photoshop for use at home with my Car Wars game, so as a response I thought I would make a quick post to exhibit some of the different vehicles I have made in the past, there are others but this should be a good lot of samples, since printing them I have noticed a few areas that can be improved on, for example some of the colours are not quite right, glass glare going over vehicle roofs and even car proportions are a little out, anyway all this can be fixed, please enjoy, all comments are welcomed and if you would like to see a specific vehicle as a Car Wars counter please post it in the comments section, if my skill is upto it I'll have a crack at it. 
 
 
 



 
 
 
 
 
I almost forgot to post some of the basic Car Wars arenas I made for the Vassal mod, good solid arenas for straight forward beginners style battles in a nice open area.
 
 

 
 
 

11 comments:

Simon Quinton said...

Some classics there, I often wondered weather the old gta game vehicles would of been useful as a source

lrqan said...

How good are they?

Broeders said...

No Volkswagen Polo? Shocking!

The Angry Lurker said...

I love them, it reminds me of GTA and the madness!

The Extraordinarii said...

@Simon - Yes they would have been, I have seen many using them for Car wars.

@Irqan - Cheers man.

@Phil - why a Polo in particular ?

@Angry - Hahha I loved that game, so much fun.

Russ said...

If you haven't seen them before, you can pick up some more vehicles from RPGMapShare (http://rpgmapshare.com/index.php?q=gallery&g2_itemId=2417). There are also some aircraft and military vehicles if you browse the site.

The Extraordinarii said...

oh wow, so you can.... thanks for that.

Unknown said...

Care to share those car wars and Mach5 counters? It would be great to dust of carwars again for a game.

joseph said...

Those cars look great. I love that you chose the old Batman and Mach 5. By chance could we get a copy of your psd files or a nice jpg. I am trying to figure out iWARGAME or Vassal so my brothers and I can play since one brother lived half way across the country.

heruca said...

I'd also love to get my hands on PNGs or PSDs of those counters, if you're sharing.

Mr Grey said...

I just stumbled on your Mad Max Counters - I know its a log time since this post - any chance I could get a copy of your PSD or PNG files?