Monday, March 18, 2013

MAD MAX CAR COUNTERS

"I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!" - Nightrider
 
 
 
Well, I have been working feverishly on these Mad Max Car counters, going back and forth from my dvd movie copy making sure that the representation was as acurate as possible, adding as much detail as was worth adding, I think I like redesigned them like four times or something lol, it was fun trying to recreate them as Car Wars counters and trying to make them as acurate as I could, I think they turned out alright, I did a test print of them and placed an actual Car Wars counter next to them and couldn't tell the difference quality wise, I think I impressed my self Hahaha.








So basically I desgined all the MFP vehicles, Big Bopper, March Hare, Max's MFP Interceptor and the Nightrider's Pursuit Special, for the rest of the vehicles that will play a role in the scenario I will use standard Car Wars counters, this includes Gosling 1 and all of Toecutters motorcycle gang, truth be told I actually started these counters a couple of years ago, so most of the foundational work in photoshop had already been done, I  just made them better graphically, and added some more authentic detail, redid the colours a bit so they printed a little more vibrant (they were a little dark before) and I touched up some of the striping, so yeah, there you have it. FYI I based the MFP vehicles off some actual Ford Falcon blueprints, can you get anymore authentic than that ? Hahaha I think not.
  


 
From left to right we have Mad Max's MFP Interceptor, Big Bopper Pursuit Vehicle, March Hare Interceptor and the Nightrider's Stolen Pursuit Special.

9 comments:

Broeders said...

I await developments with interest. well done, fella!

Vampifan said...

They are looking good, TE.

Clint said...

As a Car Wars fan and a Mad Max fan you have my support and enthusiasm. Big thumbs up from me.

The Extraordinarii said...

@Phil - Nearly there still got the terrain to do.

@Vampifan - Cheers

@Clint - Hahaha thanks man.

Chuckaroobob said...

You Are The Man!

The Extraordinarii said...

Hahah ..thanks Chucka

Lokrobster42 said...

I'm kinda late to the party, but I must say these are magnificent!

I don't suppose you're sharing? ;-)

heruca said...

I, too, am wondering if it would be possible to download these counters from somewhere, or receive them via email.

Lord Shamgar said...

So my brother and I and some friends decided to get back into playing our own home brewed Car Wars campaign using the Car Wars Compendium rules. The campaign is based on the idea of the group being a police force based on the idea of the Main Force Patrol from the Mad Max movie. I was looking around for some car counters to use as ideas and I found your blog. Immediately I thought, "These would be perfect!". Unfortunately I then realized this post was 5 years old and your blog has been inactive for 2 years. Are you still using this blog and are these counters available somewhere online? We'd love your permission to use them in our campaign.